Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- Compact, lightweight motor: Fits easily into purse or tote bag
- 2-Phase Expression Technology: Resembles a baby's nursing rhythm
- Convenient AC adaptor or battery power options: For charging and mobile pumping
- Single pumping kit with 24 mm PersonalFit™ breast shield: For comfortable, efficient pumping
- Easy-to-use vacuum controls: Let you choose your most comfortable pump setting
- Drawstring bag: Keeps you organized between pump sessions
- All parts that come into contact with breast milk are made without BPA: Safe for you and your baby
- IMPORTANT: This product is a single user item. Use by more than one user may pose a health risk, performance questions, and voids the warranty
Swing® Breast Pump Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
Swing is an occasional use breast pump for lactating women to express and collect milk from their breast to complement breastfeeding and is a single user product.
- 2-Phase Expression® Technology
- Convenient battery power option for portable pumping
What is 2-Phase Expression Technology?
Through research, Medela learned that there are two distinct phases of how babies breastfeed.
- Stimulation phase - When babies first go to breast, they suck faster to start milk flowing.
- Expression phase - After milk flow or "let-down" starts, babies breastfeed with a slower suck to remove milk.
This technology resembles a baby's nursing rhythm.
Want to pump hands-free? Watch the Easy Expression video to find out how.
- 1 motor unit
- 1 PersonalFit™ 24 mm breast shield
- 1 breast shield connector (pump body)
- 1 valve
- 2 membranes
- 1 tubing
- 2 5 oz. (150 mL) breast milk bottles
- 2 bottle lids
- 1 bottle stand
- 1 shoulder/neck strap
- 1 AC adapter
- 1 drawstring bag
- 1 Breastfeeding Information Guide
- Instructions for use
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breastmilk if bottles or components become damaged.
- Color: yellow
- Power: 60 Hz
- Unit weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Unit size/packaging: 9 5/8 x 10 7/8 x 4 3/4
- 1 year limited on motor, 90 days limited on other parts
How do I clean or sanitize my breast pump parts?
Before using for the first time, clean and sanitize kit parts: breast shields, breast shield connectors, white membranes, yellow valves, breast milk bottles and lids.
Clean breast pump kit parts after each use.
What do I do if milk gets in the tubing?
Inspect tubing after each pumping session. Clean tubing if there is any sign of condensation and/or milk.
Does altitude affect the suction level?
The higher the altitude, the more chance the suction level will decrease.
What do I do if milk accidentally gets into the Swing motor?
Turn off the pump and unplug from the power source. Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe the motor and proceed as follows:
- Remove battery compartment cover from bottom of motor.
- Remove small, black foam piece from bottom of pump.
- Rinse the foam piece with clear lukewarm water, and squeeze out excess water. Allow to dry thoroughly before inserting back into pump.
- Pour about 2 ounces of warm soapy water into a container.
- Connect the tubing to the motor, leaving the other end unconnected.
- Connect the power cord to the motor, then plug into electrical outlet (do not power with battery).
- Hold the end of the tubing that is not connected to the pump in the container with the soapy water.
- Place the motor over a dry sink and switch on. The water will pump through the tubing into the motor and flow out through the opening beneath the battery cover. Allow it to pump until all the water has been flushed through.
- Repeat this procedure again with 2 ounces of warm clear water.
- Leave the motor switched on for an additional 3 minutes so it dries completely.
- As soon as the foam piece is dry, put it in place again, and re-install the battery compartment cover.
- If necessary, clean the pump kit according to cleaning instructions.
What do I do if there is low or no suction when pumping with the Swing breast pump?
- Make sure all connections of the kit and pump are secure.
- Make sure the breast shield forms a complete seal around the breast.
- Make sure the white membrane is laying flat against the yellow valve. Check that the yellow valve is clean and not damaged.
- Make sure the tubing end fits securely into the pump body & motor.
- Take care not to kink tubing. If milk is getting into tubing, check that the tubing is not kinked or pinched.
- Perform rinsing procedure.
How do I sanitize the breast pump parts?
Before using for the first time, clean and sanitize kit parts: PersonalFit™ breast shield, pump body, valve, membrane, bottles and bottle caps).
Is there a quicker way to clean the breast pump parts?
How do I choose the right size breast shield?
How long can breast milk be kept in a cooler carrier?
- You can safely store your breast milk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breast pump cooler bags.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breast milk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
Medela does not have recommendations for storing breast milk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
*When ice pack is frozen solid
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.