Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- Initiation Technology™: Used soon after birth can significantly increase breast milk production. INITIATE program contains a mixture of stimulation phases, an expression phase and a pause phase.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology: Can be used by all mothers to help build and maintain milk production. MAINTAIN program can be used to build upon initiation and maintain their milk production.
- Convenient: Single or double pumping.
- Two separate, independent membrane units: Allows switching between single and double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast.
- Let-down button: Moms can easily return to stimulation by pressing the let-down button.
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: If direct breastfeeding is not possible, as well as collect breast milk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Hospital grade (multi-user): The pump's kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane.
Symphony PLUS® Breast Pump Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
- Supports your efforts to help mothers provide the life-giving benefits of human milk. PLUS helps more mothers produce more milk.
- Successful initiation is essential for building and maintaining milk supply during mom's breastfeeding journey. Symphony PLUS helps moms of preterm or term infants initiate, build and maintain their breast milk production.
- The PLUS Initiation program closely mimics the pattern during the first few days of lactation when the infant sucks more irregularly with rapid sucks and longer pauses.
- One card provides two programs to help Initiate.Build.Maintain™ milk supply.
- The first few days after birth are an exciting and special time, but also an important time for initiating your breast milk supply. Successful initiation can help you have more success in all stages of breast milk production. Symphony PLUS can help!
- PLUS supports mothers with clinically researched breast pump technology to successfully initiate, build and maintain milk supply.
- With PLUS, mothers that exclusively pump can express enough milk to support an exclusive human milk diet for their infant.
- 1 - Symphony breast pump
- 1 - Symphony PLUS Program Card
- 1 - container stand
- 1 - quick start card
- 1 - protector for card/cord
- Unit Weight: 7.05 lbs
- Unit Size/Packaging: 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 12 1/2
- 3 year limited
What do I do if milk gets in the tubing?
What does it mean when the Symphony reads, "invalid card?"
When the Symphony message reads, "invalid card" it could mean that the card in the pump is not the correct program card; the card could be damaged or the card is not inserted correctly.
Unplug the pump and remove the card. Check the card to make sure it is the correct card and also check for damage. Replace if necessary. Make sure the card is inserted in the direction of the arrows and the arrows are visible.
Plug in the pump and press the let-down button and the power button at the same time. Hold for several seconds and release. Try the pump again. If this does not correct the problem, the pump would need to be sent back the rental station for return to Medela.
What should I do if my milk is already flowing when I start pumping?
Use the individual setting and press the "let-down" button to directly use the expression mode.
What functions do the knobs perform on the Symphony?
The button all the way to the left is the on/off button. The knob in the center of the unit controls the suction and speed. The button all the way to the right is the "let down" button. This button interrupts the first phase (stimulation phase) so you can go right to the expression phase without waiting for the 2 minute stimulation phase to end.
How long will the Symphony operate before it automatically shuts off?
The Symphony automatically shuts off after 30 minutes with both battery and electric operation.
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.