What Do I Need to Get Started?
Your health plan may require a few key things to order your breast pump covered by insurance.
If your health plan covers breast pumps, you may be required to provide some information when ordering. Contact your health plan's member services with any questions about your benefits. The phone number is typically listed on the back of your health insurance card. Some of the common requirements may include:
- Your health insurance card
- Your baby's due date or date of birth
- Your health care provider's name and telephone number
- A signed prescription from your health care provider for an electric breast pump that includes mom's name and date of birth
- Your shipping and contact information
Use Your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Breastfeeding Essentials
You may be able to use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) funds to pay for a pump upgrade, new parts or breastfeeding essentials. Check with your employer or account administrator to verify your benefits.
Where Can I Find A Pump?