Choosing Your PersonalFit™ Breast Shield Size
Medela PersonalFit breast shields are available in five sizes:
Many women benefit from a size other than the standard 24 mm breast shield. It is almost impossible to tell which size breast shield is the best fit without watching the nipple movement during pumping.
Should you try a new size?
- Does your nipple rub sides of tunnel, to the point of causing discomfort?
- Do you see excessive areola being pulled into tunnel?
- Do you see any redness?
- Is your nipple or areola turning white?
- Do you feel unexpressed milk after pumping?
Did you know?
- Pressing breast shields too hard could block milk ducts.
- Your breast shield size will depend on your breast tissue and skin elasticity.
- When you apply vacuum pressure, your nipple size could change.
- Your breast shield size could change over the duration of your pumping experience.
- You may even need a different size per breast.