Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- Research-based feeding device: Calmita has been shown in a recent randomized control trial to be associated with reduced hospital length of stay and higher rates of breastfeeding at hospital discharge.
- Vacuum-driven flow: By controlling the flow of milk with suction, infants are able to pause and breathe when necessary without the continuous flow of milk.
- Protects and develops feeding skills: Calmita is a developmental feeding tool designed to strengthen infant feeding skills. The transition from enteral to oral feeding can be accelerated and length of stay reduced by allowing the infant to apply their individual and natural sucking behaviors.
- Natural feeding behavior: Similar tongue movement as breastfeeding that allows infants to remove milk only with suction.
- Supports breastfeeding: Allows infants to use similar mechanical action and tongue movements as they would at breast, supporting breastfeeding behaviors.
- Not made with natural rubber latex, BPA or DEHP: All parts that come into contact with breast milk are not made with BPA, natural rubber latex, or DEHP.
Calmita® Advanced Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
Research-based hospital feeding solution
Research from the King Edward Memorial Hospital and the University of Western Australia has enabled the development of a truly unique hospital feeding solution, Calmita.
Calmita is a research-based hospital feeding solution that allows hospitalized newborns to train and apply their individual and natural sucking behavior. The integrated vacuum-controlled valve allows the infant to decide when to drink and when to pause. Newborns create their own sucking rhythm, thereby efficiently removing just the right amount of milk at a pace that is right for them.
To order the Calmita product, please contact your Medela Sales Representative or Medela Customer Service at 800-435-8316 or email@example.com.
- 260 Calmita Advanced Disposable Nipples
Important: Calmita is a single-use item and should be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
- Country of origin: Switzerland
- Case weight: 4.30 lbs.
- Case dimensions: 15.75" x 10.24" x 9.21"
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.