Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- 2-Phase Expression® technology: Designed to mimic a baby's natural nursing rhythm.
- Convenient: Single or double pumping.
- Two separate, independent membrane units: Allows switching between single and double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast.
- Let-down button: Moms can easily return to stimulation by pressing the let-down button.
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: If direct breastfeeding is not possible, as well as collect breast milk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Hospital grade (multi-user): The pump's kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane.
Symphony® Breast Pump Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
2. Expression Phase – after milk flow or “let-down” starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster.
- 1 - Symphony breast pump
- 1 - Symphony 2.0 Program Card
- 1 - container stand
- 1 - quick start card
- 1 - protector for card/cord
- Unit Weight: 7.05 lbs (Symphony breast pump with rechargeable batteries 8.4 lbs)
- Unit Size/Packaging: 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 12 1/2 (Symphony breast pump with rechargeable batteries 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 13)
- 3 year limited
What does it mean when the Symphony reads, "invalid card?"
When the Symphony message reads, "invalid card" it could mean that the card in the pump is not the correct program card; the card could be damaged or the card is not inserted correctly.
Unplug the pump and remove the card. Check the card to make sure it is the correct card and also check for damage. Replace if necessary. Make sure the card is inserted in the direction of the arrows and the arrows are visible.
Plug in the pump and press the let-down button and the power button at the same time. Hold for several seconds and release. Try the pump again. If this does not correct the problem, the pump would need to be sent back the rental station for return to Medela.
How long will the Symphony operate before it automatically shuts off?
The Symphony automatically shuts off after 30 minutes with both battery and electric operation.
What should I do if my milk is already flowing when I start pumping?
Use the individual setting and press the "let-down" button to directly use the expression mode.
Can the protective membrane be boiled?
Yes, the Symphony Protective Membrane can be boiled without harm.
Why does the cover pop off the Symphony pump while I'm pumping?
If the Symphony cover pops up while you are pumping, it may be due to an obstruction in the tubing.
What functions do the knobs perform on the Symphony?
The button all the way to the left is the on/off button. The knob in the center of the unit controls the suction and speed. The button all the way to the right is the "let down" button. This button interrupts the first phase (stimulation phase) so you can go right to the expression phase without waiting for the 2 minute stimulation phase to end.
What do I do if milk gets in the tubing?
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.