Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- Compatible with all Medela breast pumps: Pump, store and feed with one container
- Dishwasher safe: Cleaning couldn't be easier with our dishwasher safe bottles
- Easy to read volume marks: Measuring the exact amount of the milk you're pumping is easy with our colorful ounce and milliliter markers
- Travel cap: Keeps nipple clean
- Made without BPA: Safe plastic designed to retain breast milk's benefits
- Make sure breastfeeding is well established before introducing a nipple
Breast Milk Bottle Single - 5 oz. Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
This product includes 1 - 5oz Medela breast milk bottle with nipple, solid lid, collar, and travel cap. All components are also dishwasher and microwave safe. Medela breast milk bottles are made without BPA. Safe plastic designed to retain breast milk's benefits.
Medela's Commitment to Breastfeeding and Breast Milk:
Medela is committed to supporting the WHO Code’s call for commitment to breastfeeding and breast milk as the optimal nutrition for the growth, development and health of babies. In line with the AAP Guidelines on introducing bottle feeding, Medela recommends that breastfeeding be well established before introducing a nipple. For more information, click here.
- 1 - 5oz breast milk bottle
- 1 - wide base slow-flow silicone nipple
- 1 - solid lid
- 1 - collar
- 1 - travel cap
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breast milk if bottles or components become damaged.
- Unit size/packaging: 7 1/2 x 7 7/8 x 2 3/8
- Unit Weight: .2 lbs
What are the ages for the slow and medium flow nipples?
Each silicone nipple is stamped with an “S” for Slow-flow or an “M” for Medium-flow.
Wide base slow flow 0-4 months.
Wide base medium flow 4-12 months.
What are the breast milk bottles made out of?
Medela breast milk bottles are made of FDA food contact grade polypropylene. Medela bottles are BPA-Free and designed for safe feeding and long-term storage of breast milk.
Polypropylene has a recycle number of 5 or PP stamped into the plastic item. Medela only uses new, virgin materials in manufacturing of all products.
Can bottle liners be used with Medela breast milk bottles?
Medela does not suggest the use of bottle liners as anything placed into the bottle can interfere with the valve assembly causing lack of suction. If you wish to use a bottle liner, pump into Medela bottles and then pour the collected breast milk into the bottle liner.
How do I store my breast milk?
- It is normal for pumped milk to vary in color and consistency depending on your diet. Stored milk will separate into layers and the cream will rise to the top. Gently swirl (don’t shake) the bottle to mix the milk layers.
- Avoid adding freshly pumped milk to already cooled milk. You can add small amounts of cooled breast milk to the same refrigerated container throughout the day.
- Pumped milk may be added to frozen milk provided it is first chilled and the quantity is less than what is frozen.
- Store your milk in Medela’s BPA-free breast milk collection bottles or in storage bags specifically designed for breast milk, such as Medela’s Pump & Save™ bags.
- Freeze milk in two (2) to four (4) ounce portions. Small amounts thaw more quickly. You will waste less milk this way. Be sure to leave some extra room at the top of the container so the bottle or bag will not overflow when freezing or thawing.
- Seal containers tightly. Write the date on a piece of tape and place on the bag or bottle. Use the oldest milk first.
- If you do not plan to use the milk within a few days, freeze it right away in the coldest section of your freezer.
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.