Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- Double electric, daily use breast pump: Designed for moms who pump several times a day
- 2-Phase Expression Technology and One Touch Let-Down button: Express more milk in less time when pumping at the Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the expression phase
- Digital display features a memory button, timer and backlight: For easy tracking & recording pump sessions in any pumping environment
- Rechargeable battery, compact and lightweight motor: Convenient pumping anywhere, anytime for true mobility
- Portable microfiber carry bag designed specifically for your Freestyle breast pump parts: Provides convenient transportation and organization
- Double pumping kit with 2 sizes of PersonalFit™ breast shields: For comfortable and efficient pumping
Freestyle® Breast Pump Deluxe Set Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
- 2-Phase Expression® technology is proven to produce more milk in less time.*
- Daily use - designed for moms who pump several times a day.
- Stimulation phase – When babies first go to breast, they suck fast and light to stimulate milk flow.
- Expression phase – After milk flow or “let-down” starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster.
Watch the Easy Expression video
*When pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the expression phase.
Freestyle double electric breast pump with 2-Phase Expression® Technology features a rechargeable battery and lightweight motor, providing a mobile pumping experience to keep up with your busy lifestyle. The backlit digital display, timer and memory button helps you personalize and control your pump sessions.
Freestyle Breast Pump Deluxe Set offers the convenience of an all-in-one mobile and portable solution. Building from the foundation of the starter set, the deluxe set includes the addition of Medela’s portable breast pump carry bag, cooler set and 2 additional bottles, everything you need for on-the-go pumping.
Embrace the mobility of Freestyle, pump hands-free with the Easy Expression™ Bustier – Free voucher included only in the deluxe set.
- 1 - Freestyle pump
- 1 - Lithium ion battery - rechargeable
- 1 - AC adaptor/charger
- 1 - Double pumping kit - includes: (2) breast shield bodies, membranes and back caps, (1) set of tubing
- 1 - Set of 24mm and 27mm PersonalFit breast shields
Additional contents within the Freestyle Breast Pump Deluxe Set
- 4 - 5oz/150mL breast milk bottles and lids
- 1 - Portable microfiber carry bag
- 1 - Medela cooler system including cooling element
- 1 - Free Easy Expression voucher (redeemable at medelabreastfeedingus.com)
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breast milk if bottles or components become damaged.
How do I clean the breast pump kit?
Watch the Cleaning & Care video.
Is there a quicker way to clean the breast pump kit?
You can use Quick Clean™ Soap, Quick Clean Wipes or Quick Clean Micro-Steam™ bags. Please follow instructions included with each of the Quick Clean products.
How do I dry & store the breast pump kit?
Allow all breast pump kit parts to air dry in a clean area and store dry parts when not in use. Do NOT store wet or damp parts.
How do I clean the tubing?
How do I clean the Freestyle motor unit?
IMPORTANT: Do not wash the pump or power cord. Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe down the pump body if necessary. Do not sterilize piece parts in autoclave.
How do I choose the right size breast shield?
Click here for more information about choosing the right size breast shield.
What do I do if there is low or no suction when pumping with the Freestyle breastpump?
- Make sure the breastshield is assembled correctly and the back cap is firmly attached at all three connection points.
- Make sure the breastshield forms a complete seal around the breast.
- Make sure the tubing ends are securely attached into the pump and breastshield assemblies. There should be a slight click when the tubing connection is properly made.
- Take care not to kink the tubing.
- If single pumping, make sure the unused tube is securely connected to the tubing dock.
- Make sure battery is not low (flashing battery symbol with one bar). If low, use power cord to charge.
Watch the Troubleshooting video.
What does the "display error" message mean?
“Err” accompanied by 3 beeps (pump may or may not work). This indicates a problem with the pump’s hardware. Please email Medela Customer Service or call 800-435-8316.
Power cord symbol flashing and pump does not turn on: This indicates a problem with the voltage and/or power supply. First, make sure to use the appropriate Medela power cord that came with the pump. If this does not solve the problem, email Medela Customer Service or call 800-435-8316.
Battery symbol (outline and one bar) flashing: This indicates low battery power. Connect the pump to the power cord and plug in to charge the battery. Note: A fully charged battery, if removed from pump, will cause the battery symbol to flash when re-inserted. Recharge for 24 hours to reset flashing battery symbol.
Battery symbol (outline only) flashing and pump does not turn on:
- This indicates a problem with the battery.
First, connect the pump to the power cord and plug in until battery is fully charged
- If this does not work, disconnect the power cord and remove the battery for at least 10 seconds. Reinsert the battery, connect the power cord, and plug in for a full charging cycle (this may take up to 24 hours).
- If this does not work, replace with a new battery (email Medela Customer Service or call 800-435-8316).
Battery message “bAtt” is displayed: This indicates the pump is in initial charging mode or the initial charge mode has been interrupted (battery was removed and reinserted). The pump will need to go through a complete charging cycle (18-24 hours) prior to use. For best results allow the pump to charge plugged in and uninterrupted for 24 hours. There is no need to remove the battery unless replacing.
Watch the Troubleshooting video.
I am having problems with the battery, what do I do?
- Make sure the battery has been inserted into the pump. When first opening the Freestyle packaging, the battery is inside the top portion of the plastic tray that contains the pump.
- Battery may not be properly inserted into the pump. Make sure the “This side down” message is inserted toward the bottom of the pump and that the pull tab is facing up. When properly inserted the battery should easily slide into the battery compartment.
- Make sure pump is plugged into a wall outlet and the power cord symbol is displayed when charging
- Make sure you are using the power cord that came with the pump. If the power cord symbol is flashing, this indicates a problem with the voltage and/or power supply.
Watch the Troubleshooting video.
Does altitude affect the suction level of my pump?
The higher the altitude, the more chance the suction level will decrease.
Does the Freestyle lithium battery have to be removed if I am traveling by plane?
According to the TSA, if the lithium battery is in the Freestyle pump it does not have to be removed from the pump. For personal use items such as hearing aids or breastpumps there is generally no restriction.
Traveling outside of the U.S.: When traveling outside of the U.S., you have three options:
- Use the power cord that came with Freestyle in conjunction with the proper travel adapter for the relevant country (available at many electronic or travel stores)
- Use battery power
- Use Medela 12V Vehicle Lighter Adapter (#67153) sold separately
What do I do if milk gets in the tubing?
How much milk should I produce?
In the past it was thought that mothers needed to make more and more milk as their babies grew. Scientists now know that a healthy milk supply remains fairly constant over the six (6) months of exclusive breastfeeding. Your baby will take the amount he needs.
During the early weeks, babies eat very frequently and grow very quickly. By day 10-14, babies should regain any weight they lost after birth. For the next few months babies will gain about an ½ ounce to 1 ounce a day.
Around three (3) to four (4) months, a breastfed baby’s rate of grown begins to slow down. Your milk supply will continue to satisfy the baby until it is time to introduce solids at 6 months.
Be the end of the first week of life, women who are breastfeeding one baby normally make between 19 to 30 ounces of milk each day. Infants between one (1) and six (6) months of age normally drink an average of 19 to 30 ounces a day.
An average size “meal” for a baby is between three (3) to five (5) ounces of breastmilk. Formula is harder to digest and less well absorbed. Formula fed babies may need larger feeds. Consult your healthcare professional for advice.
How long can breast milk be kept in a cooler carrier?
- You can safely store your breast milk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breast pump cooler bags.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breast milk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
Medela does not have recommendations for storing breast milk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
*When ice pack is frozen solid
How do I clean or sanitize my breast pump parts?
Before using for the first time, clean and sanitize kit parts: breast shields, breast shield connectors, white membranes, yellow valves, breast milk bottles and lids.
Clean breast pump kit parts after each use.
How do I sanitize the breast pump kit?
Sanitize breast pump kit parts once daily.
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover all parts.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place parts in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Allow water to cool and gently remove parts from water with tongs.
Place parts on a clean surface and/or towel.
- Allow parts to air dry
- Store parts when not in use.
- Do NOT store wet or damp parts.
Watch the Cleaning & Care video.
How do I register my breast pump?
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.
Approved by Moms Like You
Join the Medela family!
For exclusive offers, expert tips, and news directly from us first.