Breastmilk Bottle Set - 5oz OLD Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
Medela breastmilk bottles are made without BPA. Safe plastic designed to retain breastmilk's benefits.
Medela's Commitment to Breastfeeding and Breastmilk:
Medela is committed to supporting the WHO Code’s call for commitment to breastfeeding and breastmilk as the optimal nutrition for the growth, development and health of babies. In line with the AAP Guidelines on introducing bottle feeding, Medela recommends that breastfeeding be well established before introducing a nipple. For more information, click here.
- 3 - 5oz/150ml containers
- 3 - solid lids
- 3 - slow-flow silicone nipples
- 3 - collars & travel caps
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breastmilk if bottles or components become damaged.
- Color: Yellow and clear, polypropylene plastic
- Unit Size/Packaging: 7-1/2 x 7-7/8 x 2-3/8
- Unit Weight: 0.4 lbs.
- For hygienic reasons they cannot be returned to store once opened.
What are the breast milk bottles made out of?
Medela breast milk bottles are made of FDA food contact grade polypropylene. Medela bottles are BPA-Free and designed for safe feeding and long-term storage of breast milk.
Polypropylene has a recycle number of 5 or PP stamped into the plastic item. Medela only uses new, virgin materials in manufacturing of all products.
Can bottle liners be used with Medela breast milk bottles?
Medela does not suggest the use of bottle liners as anything placed into the bottle can interfere with the valve assembly causing lack of suction. If you wish to use a bottle liner, pump into Medela bottles and then pour the collected breast milk into the bottle liner.
What are the ages for the slow and medium flow nipples?
Each silicone nipple is stamped with an “S” for Slow-flow or an “M” for Medium-flow.
Wide base slow flow 0-4 months.
Wide base medium flow 4-12 months.
How do I store my breast milk?
- It is normal for pumped milk to vary in color and consistency depending on your diet. Stored milk will separate into layers and the cream will rise to the top. Gently swirl (don’t shake) the bottle to mix the milk layers.
- Avoid adding freshly pumped milk to already cooled milk. You can add small amounts of cooled breast milk to the same refrigerated container throughout the day.
- Pumped milk may be added to frozen milk provided it is first chilled and the quantity is less than what is frozen.
- Store your milk in Medela’s BPA-free breast milk collection bottles or in storage bags specifically designed for breast milk, such as Medela’s Pump & Save™ bags.
- Freeze milk in two (2) to four (4) ounce portions. Small amounts thaw more quickly. You will waste less milk this way. Be sure to leave some extra room at the top of the container so the bottle or bag will not overflow when freezing or thawing.
- Seal containers tightly. Write the date on a piece of tape and place on the bag or bottle. Use the oldest milk first.
- If you do not plan to use the milk within a few days, freeze it right away in the coldest section of your freezer.
Approved by Moms Like You
Join the Medela family!
For exclusive offers, expert tips, and news directly from us first.