Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- Symphony PLUS Initiation Technology Program: Designed to get pump dependent mothers started breast pumping. Its unique burst/pause pattern is clinically shown to help mothers of term and preterm infants initiate milk flow as it mimics baby's first sucking pattern after birth.
- Initiation Technology™: Using Medela Initiation Technology during initiation can help pumping mothers significantly increase their breast milk production in the following days when their milk comes in.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology: Designed to mimic a baby's natural nursing rhythm.
- Adaptable for the future: The Symphony has the unique ability to be updated with new clinical research as it becomes available. Compatible with all Medela Symphony breast pumps.
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: The Symphony PLUS program can be used if direct breastfeeding is not possible, or to collect breast milk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Significantly more milk: Mothers using the INITIATE program followed by the MAINTAIN program achieved significantly higher daily milk volumes in the second week after birth.
Symphony® PLUS™ Program Card Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
The Symphony PLUS program card helps initiate, build and maintain breast milk supply. The program card contains two pumping programs: INITIATE and MAINTAIN. Research has shown that Initiation Technology™ is beneficial for mothers of both preterm and term infants.
The INITIATE Program with Initiation Technology is a unique combination of pumping patterns that has been designed to mimic a healthy term baby's natural nursing pattern. It closely mimics the pattern during the first few days of lactation when the infant sucks more irregularly with rapid sucks and longer pauses. The INITIATE program is used for the immediate postnatal period until initiation of milk production. After initiation of milk production is achieved, the MAINTAIN program should be used.
The MAINTAIN Program is designed to build and maintain milk production with 2-Phase Expression technology. This technology resembles a baby's nursing rhythm and is effective for breast milk removal. The MAINTAIN program should be used after secretory activation (milk has come in):
- Once the mother has pumped at least 20 mL in total, in each of her last three pumping sessions (from both breasts combined), or
- Beginning on day six, whichever comes first
- Symphony PLUS Program Card
- Symphony PLUS Sticker
- Symphony PLUS Quick Start Card
- Quick Start Card Cable Self Locking Tie
- Unit weight: 0.055 lb
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.
What’s New With Medela?
Customize Your Pump!
Medela accessories + your lifestyle = successful breastfeeding.
Yes! Let's accessorize