Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier.
Features & Benefits
- 30 days FREE Medela 24/7 LC™ with the purchase of this breast pump!: Unlimited direct access to International Board Certified Lactation Consultants from your smart device with the MyMedela® app
- Single manual pump: For occasional time away from baby
- 2-Phase Expression Technology: More milk in less time when pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the Expression phase
- Soft-touch, ergonomic swivel handle: For comfort
- 24 mm PersonalFit™ breast shield: Other sizes available separately
- Bottle stand: Helps prevent spills
- All parts that come into contact with breast milk are made without BPA : Safe for mom and baby
Harmony™ Breast Pump Details
- Product Description
- What's Included
Harmony is a single, manual breast pump designed for occasional time away from baby.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology is proven to produce more milk in less time.*
- The best selling manual breast pump.1
- Stimulation phase – When babies first go to breast, they suck fast and light to stimulate milk flow.
- Expression phase – After milk flow or “let-down” starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster.
*When pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™ in the Expression phase.
1 - 2011 Medela Tracker Study
- 1 - Harmony breast pump
- 1 - PersonalFit 24mm breast shield
- 2 - 5oz/150mL breast milk bottles with lid and stand
- 1 - valve
- Instructions for use
- Breastfeeding Information Guide
How do I clean and sanitize the Harmony parts?
Prior to each use:
How much milk should I produce?
In the past it was thought that mothers needed to make more and more milk as their babies grew. Scientists now know that a healthy milk supply remains fairly constant over the six (6) months of exclusive breastfeeding. Your baby will take the amount he needs.
During the early weeks, babies eat very frequently and grow very quickly. By day 10-14, babies should regain any weight they lost after birth. For the next few months babies will gain about an ½ ounce to 1 ounce a day.
Around three (3) to four (4) months, a breastfed baby’s rate of grown begins to slow down. Your milk supply will continue to satisfy the baby until it is time to introduce solids at 6 months.
Be the end of the first week of life, women who are breastfeeding one baby normally make between 19 to 30 ounces of milk each day. Infants between one (1) and six (6) months of age normally drink an average of 19 to 30 ounces a day.
An average size “meal” for a baby is between three (3) to five (5) ounces of breastmilk. Formula is harder to digest and less well absorbed. Formula fed babies may need larger feeds. Consult your healthcare professional for advice.
How long can breast milk be kept in a cooler carrier?
- You can safely store your breast milk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breast pump cooler bags.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breast milk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
Medela does not have recommendations for storing breast milk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
*When ice pack is frozen solid
Can the different size PersonalFit breast shields work with the Harmony pump?
Yes, all PersonalFit breas tshields work on the Harmony breast pump.
Whether your product instruction manual is lost, ripped, or covered in spit–up — We always have it available for you here.
What’s New With Medela?
Customize Your Pump!
Medela accessories + your lifestyle = successful breastfeeding.
Yes! Let's accessorize
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.