Optimizing Growth in Human Milk Fed VLBW Infants
Paula Meier, PhD, RN, FAAN
Presented by Dr. Paula Meier, this course is one of many topics she offers. This course is presented live and is intended to be combined with other topics Dr. Meier offers in order to customize a partial or full day lecture.
- Cite research that reveals slower growth in human milk-fed versus formula-fed VLBW infants.
- Compare and contrast "safety and efficacy" claims for various human milk additives with research that demonstrates a separate, independent negative impact of bovine-based products for VLBW infants.
- Describe the utility of the creamatocrit procedure and maternal milk expression strategies to ensure baseline caloric and lipid content in HM feedings for VLBW infants.
- Nursing - 1.25 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.25 CPE Credits