Protecting Milk Output in Breast Pump-Dependent Mothers of Premature Infants: Evidence and Strategies
Paula Meier, PhD, RN, FAAN
Presented by Dr. Paula Meier, this course is one of many topics she offers. This course is presented live and is intended to be combined with other topics Dr. Meier offers in order to customize a partial or full day lecture.
- Differentiate between the "initiation" versus the "maintenance" of lactation with respect to the underlying hormonal and physiologic processes.
- Describe how the lack of best practices during the first 14 days post-birth impacts subsequent milk output in breast pump dependent mothers of premature infants.
- Articulate "talking points" and best practices to optimize milk output in breast pump dependent mothers with NICU infants.
- Nursing - 1.25 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.25 CPE Credits