Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
Mechanisms of Protection: How Does Human Milk Reduce the Risk of Complications for Premature Infants, and How are These Mechanisms Impacted by NICU Practices?
Paula Meier, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Credit Hours
Presented by Dr. Paula Meier, this course is one of many topics she offers. This course is presented live and is intended to be combined with other topics Dr. Meier offers in order to customize a partial or full day lecture.
- Detail the mechanisms by which human milk down-regulates inflammatory and oxidative stress responses in the NICU infant.
- Describe recent studies that demonstrate the ability of human milk to program multiple hormonal, metabolic and immunomodulatory responses in the recipient infant that impact health over the lifespan.
- List common NICU practices (e.g., early bovine fortification, routine freezing of human milk) that impact the bioactivity in human milk.
1 Hour 0 Minutes
- Nursing - 1.00 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.00 CPE Credits
- FL Nursing License - 1.00 Contact Hours