Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
Colostrum is the Transition from Intrauterine to Extrauterine Nutrition: Evidence and Best NICU Practices
Paula Meier, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Credit Hours
Presented by Dr. Paula Meier, this course is one of many topics she offers. This course is presented live and is intended to be combined with other topics Dr. Meier offers in order to customize a partial or full day lecture.
- Cite the differences in composition between colostrum and mature milk, and between colostrum from mothers of premature versus term infants.
- Apply principles of basic and clinical studies of colostrum to best practices for feeding colostrum in the NICU.
- Articulate specific "talking points" to be used with families regarding the impact of colostrum on the growth, maturation and protection of the gut epithelial cells in the premature infant.
1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Nursing - 1.25 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.25 CPE Credits