Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
Value of Human Milk for Mothers, Infants and Society
- Credit Hours
This course raises the consciousness of clinicians caring for breastfeeding families about the unique benefits of human milk. The benefits human milk provides to mothers, infants and society are discussed. A history of the commercialization of breastmilk substitutes in the United States is presented along with identifying barriers to breastfeeding. The ethical responsibility of health care providers to promote breastfeeding is also presented.
- List the benefits of breastfeeding for women and infants.
- Identify current breastfeeding trends in the United States
- Describe the impact of the formula industry on breastfeeding trends in the United States.
- Recognize societal behaviors that can influence breastfeeding rates.
- Discuss the ethical responsibility to inform parents of potentially harmful effects of not breastfeeding.
- Nursing - 1.0 Contact Hour
- ACNM - 0.1 CEUs
- Dietitian - 1.0 CPE Credit
- Human milk for Human Babies
- Human milk vs formula-how are they different
- Health outcomes for breastfeeding women and infants
- Breastfeeding Trends in the US
- Economic impact of breastfeeding
- Societal impact of not breastfeeding
- Commercialization of breastmilk substitutes
- Identified barriers to breastfeeding
- Role of the health care provider in promoting breastfeeding