Human Milk in the NICU: Best Practices
This course raises awareness about the value of human milk for premature infants. The health outcomes for premature infants who receive human milk are identified along with the economic impact of not using human milk in this setting. Specific nursing practices that significantly impact the delivery of human milk in the NICU are thoroughly described.
- Identify the value of human milk for the preterm infant.
- Discuss the financial impact of not using human milk in the NICU.
- Discuss nursing measures that promote human milk delivery in the NICU.
- Nursing - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.5 CPE Credits
- ACNM - 0.15 CEUs
- CCM - 1.5 CE Contact Hours
- Definition, incidence, risks related to premature births
- Health outcomes associated with the use of human milk
- Cost benefits of using human milk
- Incidence, risks and prevention of necrotizing entercolotis
- Ten Steps to promote and protect breastfeeding in the NICU