Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
Human Milk & Breastfeeding: Translating Research to Practice
Diane Spatz, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN
This program has been approved by The Commission of Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 7.25 clock hours and 7.0 Social Work Contact Hours.
- Credit Hours
This one-day program will cover the essential information clinicians need to provide evidence based lactation care and support. The program will assist clinicians with tools for translation of research into clinical practice. It will include information about assisting families in overcoming barriers to breastfeeding, understanding lactation physiology, initiating and maintaining a milk supply, the role donor milk plays in the NICU and managing breastfeeding challenges of the Late Preterm Infant. Strategies on how to incorporate lactation technologies that protect breastfeeding for at-risk mothers and infants will also be presented.
NEW this program: Implementation of a Donor Milk Program, Human Milk Nutrient Analyzers and Targeted Fortification, Breastfeeding Outcomes of Infants with Congenital Heart Disease, Late Preterm Infant Management and more!!
- Nursing - 7.25 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 7.25 CPE Credits
- Identify U.S. breastfeeding trends, practices and resources
- Discuss the influence of the healthcare professional in helping families make informed choices regarding infant feeding
- Explain clinical strategies that improve milk volumes in pump dependent mothers
- Describe implementation of a donor milk program
- Understand methods to optimize human milk feedings
- Identify the unique breastfeeding challenges of the Late Preterm Infant