Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
Essential Breastfeeding Management
- Credit Hours
This one- hour course presents a brief overview of breastfeeding management that is evidence-based. Much of the breastfeeding information clinicians learned in school is outdated and a lot of current practice is based upon old, incorrect information. This program is the first step in standardizing breastfeeding management for a clinical unit. Due to the short length of the program, it is easily presented to nursing and other staff while on the Unit.
- Discuss unique benefits of breastfeeding to mother and baby.
- Discuss the advantages of beginning breastfeeding within the first hour after delivery.
- Describe optimal care for mother and baby in the early postpartum period.
- List three indicators that breastfeeding is going well.
- Nursing - 1.0 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.0 CPE Credits
- CCM - 1.0 CE Contact Hour
- Research-based benefits for mother and infant
- In-hospital strategies for breastfeeding success
- Indications and use of a breastpump
- Discharge planning issues
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.