Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
What is the Evidence for The Joint Commission's Core Perinatal Measure on Exclusive Breastfeeding During The Maternity Hospitalization
12/11/13 Live Webinar - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
- Credit Hours
Produced and presented by Paula P. Meier, RN, PhD. FAAN, this 1.5 hour live webinar provides the evidence supporting The Joint Commission’s Core Perinatal Measure for exclusive breast milk feeding in the hospital. Topics will focus on arming clinicians with research-based updates on the protective qualities of colostrum, the physiology of establishing adequate maternal milk volumes, uniquely human infant sucking patterns, risks of supplementation with formula and risks associated with pacifier usage.
- Describe evidence-based outcomes regarding exclusive human milk feedings for term infants.
- Discuss benefit of colostrum as the first food for term infants.
- Identify factors that may interfere with the establishment of adequate breast milk volumes.
- Incorporate effective ‘talking points’ with families to help them in understanding the importance of exclusive human milk feeding during the maternity hospitalization.
- Nursing - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.5 CPE Credits
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.