Waterless Milk Warmer Live Education Package
Storage, Handling and Feeding of Human Milk in the NICU
This live program is a package that includes products
- ~1.5 hour additional course of your choice
- Includes up to 50 attendees
- Outside attendees welcome at an additional charge
Education Items Included
- Program materials for each attendee
- Online training for staff unable to attend full day program
- Waterless Milk Warmers - (3)
- Disposable Liners for Warmers- (200)
- Human Milk Hospital Policy & Procedure
- Credit Hours
This 3.0-hour course describes procedures that preserve the biological and nutritional components of human milk in the NICU setting. This program details the evidence and best practices that optimize the benefits of human milk while minimizing the growth and transfer of pathogens. Clinical practices that minimize contamination of human milk during storage, handling and feeding procedures are discussed at length. This package allows you to choose an additional 1.5 hour course to better meet your goals.
- Identify the most common mechanisms of human milk contamination in the NICU setting.
- Describe NICU based policies and procedures that minimize contamination and bacterial growth of human milk.
- Educate families about the importance of proper hygiene techniques when handling human milk and expressing human milk.
- Nursing - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.5 CPE Credits
- FL Nursing License - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Breast pump and collection container care practices
- Breast pump hygiene
- Practice guidelines for handling and feeding human milk
- Fresh or frozen milk: what’s the difference?
- Optimal storing practices
- Use of storage containers
- Warming human milk
- Handling human milk during infusion feedings
- Basic breast pump and collection kit hygiene
- Identification and verification procedures
- Competency Validation of the Medela Waterless Milk Warmer