Waterless Milk Warmer Online Education Package
Storage, Handling and Feeding of Human Milk in the NICU
This online program is a package that includes products
- Unlimited online training for your facility for up to one year
- Waterless Milk Warmers - (3)
- Disposable Liners for Warmers- (100)
- Human Milk Hospital Policy & Procedure
This 1.5-hour course describes procedures that preserve the biological and nutritional components of human milk in the NICU setting. This program details the evidence and best practices that optimize the benefits of human milk while minimizing the growth and transfer of pathogens. Clinical practices that minimize contamination of human milk during storage, handling and feeding procedures are discussed at length.
- Identify the most common mechanisms of human milk contamination in the NICU setting.
- Describe NICU based policies and procedures that minimize contamination and bacterial growth of human milk.
- Educate families about the importance of proper hygiene techniques when handling human milk and expressing human milk.
- Nursing - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.5 CPE Credits
- Breast pump and collection container care practices
- Breast pump hygiene
- Practice guidelines for handling and feeding human milk
- Fresh or frozen milk: what’s the difference?
- Optimal storing practices
- Use of storage containers
- Warming human milk
- Handling human milk during infusion feedings
- Basic breast pump and collection kit hygiene
- Identification and verification procedures