BabyWeigh Scale Online Education Package
Breastfeeding the Late Preterm Infant: Evidence and Best Practices
This online program is a package that includes products
Education Items Included
- Unlimited online training for staff for up to one year
- BabyWeigh™ II Scale - (1)
- Late Preterm Mothers' Booklets- (60)
- Sterile Contact Nipple Shields - (20)
- Credit Hours
This 1.5-hour course focuses on immaturity-related problems encountered by late preterm infants and their vulnerabilities to specific challenges when breastfeeding. This program explores problems associated with inadequate milk intake and presents case studies which illustrate successful strategies to ensure adequate milk intake by late preterm infants and to increase their mothers’ milk production.
• Define the late preterm infant.
• Discuss the incidence and significance of late preterm birth.
• Identify mortality and morbidity issues related to the late preterm infant.
• Describe and demonstrate the correct technique for assisting a mother with use of a breastpump, sizing of breastshields, use of nipple shields and specialty feeding devices.
- Nursing - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.5 CPE Credits
• Prevalence of late preterm birth
• Lactation-associated morbidities
• Maximizing mother’s milk supply
• Ensuring adequate milk intake
• Clinical case studies of late preterm breastfeeding challenges
• Indications and use of a breastpump
• Correct sizing of breastshields
• Indications and use of nipple shields
• Use of various supplemental feeding methods: Supplemental Nursing System (SNS), Special Needs Feeder, soft cup, spoon and bottlefeeding