Benefits of Human Milk
- Identify selected components of human milk which protect newborn infants from infection and inflammation
- Discuss the benefits of human milk in relation to specific clinical outcomes
Delivery of Human Milk in the Hospital Setting
- Review the potential impact of temperature on human milk and on feeding tolerance in preterm infants
- Discuss sources of water contamination in the hospital setting and their impact on nosocomial infections
New standard of care in the feeding of hospitalized infants.
- Identify best practices to prepare human milk for feedings in the hospital setting