There are no upcoming live education programs
Best Practices for Warming Human Milk in the NICU
- Credit Hours
Breastfeeding is the gold standard for feeding and nourishing the human infant. But when infants are unable to breastfeed - as in the case of preterm or compromised infants - feedings comprised primarily of mother’s own milk are undeniably the next best option. The purpose of this presentation is to summarize the science of human milk as it relates to the preparation of infant feedings in the hospital setting and to propose a new standard of care in the feeding of hospitalized infants.
- Nursing - 1.0 Contact Hours
Benefits of Human Milk
- Identify selected components of human milk which protect newborn infants from infection and inflammation
- Discuss the benefits of human milk in relation to specific clinical outcomes
Delivery of Human Milk in the Hospital Setting
- Review the potential impact of temperature on human milk and on feeding tolerance in preterm infants
- Discuss sources of water contamination in the hospital setting and their impact on nosocomial infections
New standard of care in the feeding of hospitalized infants.
- Identify best practices to prepare human milk for feedings in the hospital setting
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.