Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
Families in Crisis
- Credit Hours
This program is designed to review the Parents, Families and Professionals perspective regarding the stay in the NICU. Included in the program is the impact of the infant’s medical status on family dynamics, especially the mother–infant relationship. Stressors, developmental and situational, psychosocial demands and ineffective coping are discussed. Psychological tasks for the mother and family are included. In addition the health care providers role regarding advocacy, education, ethics and grief are explored. The role of human milk in nutrition, early enteral feeds, skin to skin care and transition to the breast are also included. The roller coaster ride in the NICU is explored in poignant detail from several mothers’ and family’s perspectives.
- Discuss stress related issues of the NICU nurse in caring for a sick neonate
- Describe how to identify families who are in crisis and the nursing interventions to support them
- Discuss the process of grief for both families and nurses when facing loss in the NICU
- Describe how providing human milk may positively impact families psychological issues when they have an infant in the NICU
- Nursing - 3.0 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 3.0 CPE Credits
- Unexpected Outcomes
- Congenital Malformations
- Death of an infant in the NICU
- Infants in Crisis
- Parent’s and family’s in crisis
- Nurses in Crisis
- Psychological Disequilibrium
- Grief and Loss-taking care of the family and yourself
- Nursing Care-Assessment-Advocacy for parents
- Adolescents as Parents