There are no upcoming live education programs
Making a Difference:
Strategies to Improve Breastfeeding Outcomes
- Credit Hours
This day-long overview presents information and strategies to help achieve successful breastfeeding management in WIC and other community settings. The program focuses on improving the knowledge and skills of those providers who care for breastfeeding mothers and infants before and after birth. Value-Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA) Competencies are incorporated throughout the program content. Time is allotted for networking and strategizing and there is a special session designed to encourage and empower women and aid in their decision-making.
- Discuss the current state of breastfeeding in the US and in targeted local community.
- Discuss the influence of the health care professional in helping mothers make informed choices regarding infant feeding.
- Instruct a mother on the use of various breastpumps and give suggestions on how to manage separation from her baby.
- Nursing - 6.0 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 6.0 CPE Credits
- Review of Life-Cycle Nutrition
- Examination of Current Breastfeeding Status in US and Local Community
- Research Updates on the Uniqueness of Human Milk
- Making the Decision to Breastfeed – Multi-Cultural Awareness
- A Day in the Life of Mother and Baby in the Hospital
- Improving Critical Thinking Skills
- Strategies to Increase Breastfeeding Success
- Answering Common Breastfeeding Questions
- Returning to Work or School
- Best Practices for Supporting Breastfeeding in Community Settings
- Connecting with Women: Communication and Empowerment
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.