Have an Education Promo Code?
Enter your promo code and click "Redeem" to continue registration.
What Clinicians Need to Know
- Credit Hours
This three-hour course presents an overview of breastfeeding management that is evidence-based and designed to increase the knowledge and skills of those health care professionals who work with breastfeeding families. Included are research-based updates regarding the uniqueness of human milk, reduction of short- and long-term morbidities to babies, an overview of lactation physiology, latch-on and positioning techniques, and current clinical practice guidelines for normal breastfeeding management and discharge planning.
- Discuss unique benefits of breastfeeding to mother and baby.
- Describe appropriate hospital care needed to assist the breastfeeding dyad in the immediate postpartum period
- Describe importance of skin to skin care in stabilization of the newborn.
- Explain how to instruct a mother on the use of breastpump
- Nursing - 3.0 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 3.0 CPE Credits
- Research-based benefits for mother and infant
- Critical first hour after birth
- Skin to skin care
- Positioning and latch-on techniques for optimal milk transfer
- Improving breastfeeding assessment skills
- Preventing problems
- Indications and use of a breastpump
- Discharge planning issues