There are no upcoming live education programs
How Breastfeeding Works:
What Research Tells Us
- Credit Hours
This course describes the complex nature of human milk. Referencing the research work of the University of Western Australia, it reviews the synthesis and secretion of breast milk, differentiates between Lactogenesis I and II, describes the changes in the volume and composition of breast milk after birth and details normal breastfeeding patterns of healthy breastfeeding infants. The methods babies regulate milk production of their mothers is also presented.
- Describe the composition of human milk
- Differentiate between Lactogenesis I and II.
- Explain the process of measuring breast milk volume.
- Summarize normal feeding patterns of exclusively breast fed infants.
- Nursing - 1.0 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.0 CPE Credits
- ACNM - 0.1 CEUs
- Composition of human milk
- Maternal energy consumption
- Lactogenesis I
- Lactogenesis II
- Breast volume/storage capacity
- Maintaining lactation
-Demand and supply
- Extended lactation/involution
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.