There are no upcoming live education programs
Composition of Human Milk:
The Latest Scientific Findings
- Credit Hours
This one-hour course presents an in-depth look at human milk – one of the most powerful and complex biological fluids on earth. It reviews the unique components which are precisely engineered to provide optimal nutritional, protective, and developmental outcomes for the human infant. Beautifully animated slides aid the participant in understanding the process of milk synthesis. Also discussed are important new research and discoveries which impact health outcomes of infants not only in the short-term but also throughout their lifetimes.
- Discuss five components unique to human milk.
- Describe the enteromammary pathway and its importance to the human infant.
- Describe two pathways of milk synthesis
- Discuss the clinical significance of new findings anatomy of the lactating breast and how it relates to practice
- Nursing - 1.0 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.0 CPE Credits
- ACNM - 0.1 CEUs
- The uniqueness of human milk
- The process of how breastmilk is made
- How components of human milk are constantly changing to meet the needs of the growing infant.
- Importance of human milk in infant’s immune system development and the growth and maturation of the brain and central nervous system
- Relevance of these new discoveries and how it will affect clinical practice.
- Research update – the importance of these findings to evidence-based practice
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.