There are no upcoming live education programs
Hyperbilirubinemia in the Breastfeeding Newborn
- Credit Hours
This course reviews the etiology, risk factors and screening guidelines for Hyperbilirubinemia as well as differentiating pathologic and physiologic jaundice, and breastfeeding and breastmilk jaundice. In addition, the program reviews nursing responsibilities regarding evaluation, assessment and utilization of nomograms from the AAP guidelines. An emphasis on accurate lactation support and discharge planning is also included.
- Discuss the history of Kernicterus
- Define Acute Bilirubin Encephalopathy
- Describe Bilirubin Metabolism
- Discuss predisposing risk factors
- Discuss the role of human milk and hyperbilirubinemia
- Nursing - 1.5 Contact Hours
- Dietitian - 1.5 CPE Credits
- Overview of Jaundice in the Newborn
- Definition and History of Kernicterus
- Bilirubin Encephalopathy/Kernicterus
- Bilirubin Metabolism
- Risk Factors
- Role of Breastfeeding/human milk
- AAP Practice Guidelines
- Management and Discharge Planning
What’s New With Medela?
Join the Medela family!
Sign up for breastfeeding information and Medela news by joining our community! It only takes a few minutes.