“ What do I do if milk accidentally gets into the Swing motor? ”
Turn off the pump and unplug from the power source. Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe the motor and proceed as follows:
- Remove battery compartment cover from bottom of motor.
- Remove small, black foam piece from bottom of pump.
- Rinse the foam piece with clear lukewarm water, and squeeze out excess water. Allow to dry thoroughly before inserting back into pump.
- Pour about 2 ounces of warm soapy water into a container.
- Connect the tubing to the motor, leaving the other end unconnected.
- Connect the power cord to the motor, then plug into electrical outlet (do not power with battery).
- Hold the end of the tubing that is not connected to the pump in the container with the soapy water.
- Place the motor over a dry sink and switch on. The water will pump through the tubing into the motor and flow out through the opening beneath the battery cover. Allow it to pump until all the water has been flushed through.
- Repeat this procedure again with 2 ounces of warm clear water.
- Leave the motor switched on for an additional 3 minutes so it dries completely.
- As soon as the foam piece is dry, put it in place again, and re-install the battery compartment cover.
- If necessary, clean the pump kit according to cleaning instructions.
This Question Applies to: