“ What does the "display error" message mean? ”
- “Err” accompanied by 3 beeps (pump may or may not work). This indicates a problem with the pump’s hardware. Please emal Medela Customer Service or call 800-435-8316.
- Power cord symbol flashing and pump does not turn on: This indicates a problem with the voltage and/or power supply. First, make sure to use the appropriate Medela power cord that came with the pump. If this does not solve the problem, email Medela Customer Service or call 800-435-8316.
- Battery symbol (outline and one bar) flashing: This indicates low battery power. Connect the pump to the power cord and plug in to charge the battery. Note: A fully charged battery, if removed from pump, will cause the battery symbol to flash when re-inserted. Recharge for 24 hours to reset flashing battery symbol.
- Battery symbol (outline only) flashing and pump does not turn on:
- This indicates a problem with the battery.
- First, connect the pump to the power cord and plug in until battery is fully charged
- If this does not work, disconnect the power cord and remove the battery for at least 10 seconds. Reinsert the battery, connect the power cord, and plug in for a full charging cycle (this may take up to 24 hours).
- If this does not work, replace with a new battery (email Medela Customer Service or call 800-435-8316).
- Battery message “bAtt” is displayed: This indicates the pump is in initial charging mode or the initial charge mode has been interrupted (battery was removed and reinserted). The pump will need to go through a complete charging cycle (18-24 hours) prior to use. For best results allow the pump to charge plugged in and uninterrupted for 24 hours. There is no need to remove the battery unless replacing.
Watch the Troubleshooting video.
This Question Applies to: