“ How do I sanitize the breastpump kit? ”
Before using for the first time, clean and sanitize kit parts: breastshields, breastshield connectors, white membranes, yellow valves, breastmilk bottles and lids.
CAUTION: Take apart and wash all parts that come in contact with your breast and breastmilk immediately after use to avoid dry up of milk residues and to prevent growth of bacteria.
CAUTION: Only use drinking quality-tap or bottled water for cleaning.
CAUTION: Do not store wet or damp parts as mold may develop.
Sanitize breastpump kit parts once daily.
1. Fill a pot with enough water to cover all parts.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Place parts in boiling water for 10 minutes.
4. Allow water to cool and gently remove parts from water with tongs.
5. Place parts on a clean surface and/or towel.
· Allow parts to air dry
· Store parts when not in use.
· Do NOT store wet or damp parts.
Or you may sanitize your kit parts by following the instructions on Medela’s Quick Clean™ Micro-Steam™ bag.
Watch the Assembly & Cleaning video.