“ How do I sanitize the nipple shield? ”
1. Rinse in cool water to remove breast milk.
2. Wash in warm, soapy water.
3. Rinse with clear water.
Note: Nipple shields can also be washed on top rack of dishwasher.
Drying & Storing
Allow nipple shield to air dry in a clean area and store dry with the nipple facing upwards. Do NOT store wet or damp parts.
In addition to washing, you may sanitize your nipple shield once per day by following the instructions on Medela’s Quick Clean™ Micro-Steam™ bag or boiling.
If boiling your nipple shield:
1. Choose a pot that is large enough so the nipple shield DOES NOT rest on the sides or bottom while boiling.
2. Fill the pot with water and bring to a boil.
3. Carefully drop nipple shield into boiling water, and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Gently remove from water with tongs and place on a clean surface with nipple facing upwards. (For easier removal, add cool water to pot to prevent splashing.)
5. See Drying & Storing section above for further instructions.