“ How do I clean the breastpump kit? ”
1. Finish pumping.
- While the pump is still running, disconnect tubing from breastshields.
- Continue to let pump run for 2 minutes with tubing attached. This will eliminate condensation that naturally results from humidity.
2. Take apart kit and store breastmilk.
- With tubing still connected to pump, separate all parts of your kit that come in contact with your breast or breastmilk (breastshields, connectors, bottles, valves, membranes).
3. Wash kit.
- Rinse all separated parts in cool water to remove breastmilk.
- Wash and Rinse all separated parts in warm, soapy water.
- Rinse all separated parts with clear water.
- Wash all separated parts on top rack of dishwasher.
This Question Applies to: