“ How do I clean the breast pump kit? ”
1. Finish pumping.
- While the pump is still running, disconnect tubing from breast shields.
- Continue to let pump run for 2 minutes with tubing attached. This will eliminate condensation that naturally results from humidity.
2. Take apart kit and store breast milk.
- With tubing still connected to pump, separate all parts of your kit that come in contact with your breast or breast milk (breast shields, connectors, bottles, valves, membranes).
3. Wash kit.
- Rinse all separated parts in cool water to remove breast milk.
- Wash and rinse all separated parts in warm, soapy water.
- Rinse all separated parts with clear water.
- Wash all separated parts on top rack of dishwasher.
This Question Applies to: