“ How long can breastmilk be kept in a cooler carrier? ”
- You can safely store your breastmilk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breastpump cooler bags. *When Ice pack is frozen solid.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breastmilk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
- Medela does not have recommendations for storing breastmilk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
This Question Applies to:
- Freestyle® Breastpump Deluxe Set
- Harmony™ Breastpump
- Lactina® Select Breastpump
- Pump In Style® Advanced
- Pump In Style® Advanced Backpack
- Pump In Style® Advanced On-the-go Tote
- Pump In Style® Advanced The Metro Bag™
- Swing™ Breastpump
- Symphony® Breastpump
- Symphony® Breastpump with Rechargeable Battery