“ How long can breast milk be kept in a cooler carrier? ”
- You can safely store your breast milk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breast pump cooler bags.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breast milk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
Medela does not have recommendations for storing breast milk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
*When ice pack is frozen solid
This Question Applies to:
- Freestyle® Breast Pump Deluxe Set
- Harmony™ Breast Pump
- Pump In Style® Advanced
- Pump In Style® Advanced Backpack
- Pump In Style® Advanced On-the-go Tote
- Pump In Style® Advanced The Metro Bag™
- Swing™ Breast Pump
- Swing™ Breastpump
- Symphony® Breast Pump (electric only)
- Symphony® Breast Pump with Rechargeable Battery