“ How long can breastmilk be kept in a cooler carrier? ”
- You can safely store your breastmilk for up to 10 hours* with Pump In Style Advanced and Freestyle breastpump cooler bags. *When Ice pack is frozen solid.
- Direct exposure to the sun, like leaving the cooler in a car, severely reduces the cooling effectiveness.
- Breastmilk is safe stored in a cooler at/or below 59 degrees for up to 24 hours.
- The liquid inside the cooling elements is water with food grade dye. The liquid is non-toxic.
- Medela does not have recommendations for storing breastmilk with dry ice. Consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for further information.
This Question Applies to: