Did you know?
Medela offers Educational Programs that provide you the opportunity to receive continuing education contact hours for nurses and lactation consultants. Last year we conducted more than 250 programs for your colleagues across the country. All of our programs are developed and delivered with these goals in mind:
- Increase breastfeeding initiation and duration.
- Inform clinicians with best education, best practices, and best clinical evidence.
- Utilize current research that impacts and enhances clinical practices to improve patient care.
We are delighted to bring you a variety of programs, which will help meet your educational needs in 2009. Please click on the following programs to find one that meets your professional objectives and goals.
There has been some confusion regarding the issuing of CERP certificates following the June 23, 2009 statement released by IBLCE. In speaking with IBLCE, we received the following clarification,
• Medela, as well as any commercial entity, is able to continue to provide funding or sponsorship for CERP certificates for approved programs through the end of this calendar year, December 31, 2009.
• As of June 30, 2009, IBLCE was no longer accepting CERP applications for new education funded or sponsored by companies that manufacture or distribute products that fall within the scope of the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes.
• As of January 1, 2010, all such companies (‘commercial entities’) are prohibited from issuing CERP certificates to participants in their educational programs.
This pertains to ALL commercial entities that manufacture or distribute products that fall within the scope of the Code. Again, this doesn’t specify whether one is a violator or not, simply if they manufacture or distribute such products. For further explanations on this, please contact IBCLE directly at email@example.com.
Medela Education Programs
View a complete listing of Education Program course and credit hour descriptions
If you are interested in receiving more information or scheduling a program in your area, please click here to request more information. The Medela Education Team looks forward to working with you and your professional team to meet your educational goals.