Breastfeeding Insurance & Reimbursement
Get your questions about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and insurance-covered breastpumps answered!
What is the ACA? Does this apply to me?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law in 2010. There are many parts of the ACA, but one of the most valuable is that ACA requires health plans to cover breastfeeding support and supplies. Many health plans began implementing this coverage on or after August 1, 2012.
Questions about the Health Insurance Marketplace?
October 1, 2013, marks the first day for open enrollment of the Health Insurance Marketplace. Questions? Here are a few helpful resources:
- Kaiser Health & The Washington Post answer FAQ's
- Healthcare.gov: 10 Ways to Get Ready for the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Kaiser Foundation: The Simplest Explanation of Obamacare. Ever.
- CNN's Obamacare Open Enrollment: Here's Everything You Need to Know
- Consumer Reports published the Health Law Helper online tool to learn about options
- CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services): Printable resources and materials
- Health Insurance Basics
- HealthyChildren.org: The Affordable Care Act - What Your Family Needs to Know
Medela uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the website, Medela makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the website. Moreover, Medela does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, the website. Reliance on the content provided on the website is solely at your own risk. Medela disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any content on the website. For further details, please review our Terms and Conditions of Use.